JACKSONVILLE: Solantic walk-in clinics name new board chair
Solantic walk-in urgent care has appointed Charles R. Evans as chairman of the company's board of directors. Evans replaces Rick Scott, who co-founded Solantic with CEO Karen Bowling in 2001. In January 2009, Scott launched Conservatives for Patients' Rights, a media campaign to attack healthcare reform legislation. Evans has been a member of Solantic's advisory board for the past four years. He is president and CEO of Alpharetta, GA-based International Health Services Group, an enterprise that supports health services development in underserved areas of the world, including Kenya, Nigeria, Peru, Honduras, and the Dominican Republic.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer