WASHINGTON: Thomas named VP for Public Policy at NCQA
NCQA, January 18, 2010
The National Committee for Quality Assurance has named Sarah Thomas as its vice president for Public Policy and External Relations. She will be responsible for directing NCQA's relations with Congress, federal agencies, and the states, as well as NCQA's work with the media and other external audiences. Thomas is formerly the director of the Public Policy Institute Health Team at AARP. Thomas has 13 years of experience in the federal government. She was deputy director at the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission and served at the Congressional Budget Office and CMS. Thomas succeeds Richard Sorian, who is awaiting Senate confirmation as deputy secretary for public affairs at HHS.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'