WASHINGTON: Thomas named VP for Public Policy at NCQA
NCQA, January 18, 2010
The National Committee for Quality Assurance has named Sarah Thomas as its vice president for Public Policy and External Relations. She will be responsible for directing NCQA's relations with Congress, federal agencies, and the states, as well as NCQA's work with the media and other external audiences. Thomas is formerly the director of the Public Policy Institute Health Team at AARP. Thomas has 13 years of experience in the federal government. She was deputy director at the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission and served at the Congressional Budget Office and CMS. Thomas succeeds Richard Sorian, who is awaiting Senate confirmation as deputy secretary for public affairs at HHS.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts