WOODLAWN, MD: James Lawrence Kernan Orthopaedics and Rehab names new CEO
James Lawrence Kernan Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Hospital in Woodlawn, the largest provider of rehabilitation care in Maryland, has announced the appointment of Michael Jablonover, MD, as president/CEO. Jablonover, who currently serves as Kernan's vice president of medical affairs/CMO, replaces James E. Ross, Kernan's leader since 1994, who is assuming the presidency of Chester River Health System in Chestertown. The transfer of leadership at Kernan was Jan. 18. Both Kernan Hospital and Chester River Health System are members of the University of Maryland Medical System.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending