KINGSPORT, TN: Burgin named interim CEO at Wellmont
Bob Burgin, a retired healthcare executive who served for more than two decades as president and CEO of Mission Hospitals in Asheville, NC, will provide interim leadership for Wellmont Health System as the organization conducts a national search for its next CEO. Burgin has been a member of the Wellmont board of directors since July 2009. He assumes his responsibilities as interim CEO immediately, working closely with outgoing President/CEO Mike Snow, who will leave the system later this month to become COO of Amedisys Inc.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts