WASHINGTON: Petzel heads VA's Health Care System
Robert A. Petzel, MD, has taken the oath of office as the Under Secretary for Health within the Department of Veterans Affairs, stepping up to lead the nation's largest integrated healthcare system. Petzel had been Acting Principal Deputy Under Secretary for Health since May 2009. Previously, he directed one of VA's 21 geographic healthcare networks covering eight medical centers and 42 community based outpatient clinics serving veterans in seven Midwestern states.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts