ATHENS, AL: Powers named CEO at Athens-Limestone Hospital
Athens-Limestone Hospital officials have announced the new chief executive officer is Kelli S. Powers. Jim Moffatt, chairman of the hospital's Board of Directors, said that to his knowledge, she is the first female hospital CEO in North Alabama, the Decatur Daily reports. Powers is leaving Lanier Health Services, where she served as CEO/CFO. Powers is filling a spot left vacant in December when CEO Cary Payne retired. Payne had served as CEO since January 2007.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest