FORT LAUDERDALE, FL: Shalala nominated to MEDNAX board
MEDNAX, April 5, 2010
Donna E. Shalala, president of the University of Miami and former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, has been nominated to a newly created seat on the Board of Directors of MEDNAX, Inc., a national medical group specializing in maternal-fetal, neonatal, pediatric, and anesthesia services. Shalala has served as the president of the University of Miami since 2001, where she has helped to solidify the institution's position among the nation's top research universities. From 1993 until 2001, Shalala was the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services. Shalala's nomination is expected to be approved at MEDNAX's annual shareholders meeting in May.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care