AUGUSTA, GA: University Health Care's Read to Retire, Successor Named
J. Larry Read, president/CEO of University Health Care System, announced his retirement to the University Health Services Board of Trustees at its monthly meeting. Read, who has led the organization for 11 years, will remain with University through May. Read joined University in January 1999, coming from the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. Jim Davis, COO of University Heath Services and Extended Care, will assume the position of University Health Care System president/CEO on June 1.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013