AUGUSTA, GA: University Health Care's Read to Retire, Successor Named
J. Larry Read, president/CEO of University Health Care System, announced his retirement to the University Health Services Board of Trustees at its monthly meeting. Read, who has led the organization for 11 years, will remain with University through May. Read joined University in January 1999, coming from the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. Jim Davis, COO of University Heath Services and Extended Care, will assume the position of University Health Care System president/CEO on June 1.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts