AKRON, OH: Akron General Health System names McCorkle CEO
Akron General Health System, May 3, 2010
Akron General Health System named Vincent J. McCorkle its new president/CEO, effective July 1. McCorkle is now CEO of Sisters of Providence Health System in Springfield, MA, where he has worked in that capacity since 1997. He succeeds Alan Bleyer, who led Akron General as CEO from 2003 until his retirement in 2009. Michael Rindler has served as interim CEO at Akron General since June 2009.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care