AKRON, OH: Akron General Health System names McCorkle CEO
Akron General Health System, May 3, 2010
Akron General Health System named Vincent J. McCorkle its new president/CEO, effective July 1. McCorkle is now CEO of Sisters of Providence Health System in Springfield, MA, where he has worked in that capacity since 1997. He succeeds Alan Bleyer, who led Akron General as CEO from 2003 until his retirement in 2009. Michael Rindler has served as interim CEO at Akron General since June 2009.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts