COLUMBIA, SC: BCBS of South Carolina CEO Sellers to retire
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, May 17, 2010
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina announced that Chairman/CEO M. Edward Sellers plans to retire as CEO, effective Aug. 1, and that current President/COO David S. Pankau has been named president/CEO, also effective on Aug. 1, 2010. Sellers will continue as chairman of the board. Sellers, 65, has been with Blue Cross and Blue Shield for 32 years, including 23 years in South Carolina. He has been CEO since 1992 and chairman since 2001. Pankau, 46, has been with BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina for 17 years. He was appointed president and COO on Aug. 1, 2009.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts