BALTIMORE: Chessare named president/CEO of GBMC HealthCare
Greater Baltimore Medical Center, May 24, 2010
John B. Chessare, MD, has been named president/CEO of GBMC HealthCare, effective June 14, 2010. He succeeds John R. Saunders, Jr., MD, who was interim president/CEO following the resignation of Laurence M. Merlis in January. Chessare served as president of Caritas Christi Health Care System's Caritas Norwood Hospital, a 264-bed hospital located just outside of Boston, MA, from September 2005 through October 2008. Most recently, Chessare has been a consultant specializing in patient flow and patient satisfaction while reducing costs. Additionally, he served as faculty for the Institute for Healthcare Improvement and the Institute for Healthcare Optimization.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs