SALT LAKE CITY: Betz to Retire as CEO of University of Utah Health Care
University of Utah Health Care, June 21, 2010
After 11 years at the University of Utah, Lorris Betz, MD, has announced his intention to retire as senior vice president for health sciences and CEO of University of Utah Health Care, as soon as his replacement can be found. University officials say the search could take as long as one year. A search committee will be drawn from the university's health sciences, and from its Council of Academic Deans, department chairs from the School of Medicine, healthcare faculty and students, and from community boards associated with the University.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors