SALT LAKE CITY: Betz to Retire as CEO of University of Utah Health Care
University of Utah Health Care, June 21, 2010
After 11 years at the University of Utah, Lorris Betz, MD, has announced his intention to retire as senior vice president for health sciences and CEO of University of Utah Health Care, as soon as his replacement can be found. University officials say the search could take as long as one year. A search committee will be drawn from the university's health sciences, and from its Council of Academic Deans, department chairs from the School of Medicine, healthcare faculty and students, and from community boards associated with the University.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork