Q-C hospitals step up mergers and acquisitions
Lincoln and some others in Mercer County think the alliance is best for the community. Stuart Coulter, for example, appreciates the fact that his doctor with the Genesis Heart Institute in Davenport is about an hour closer to his residence in Joy than a similar hospital facility in Peoria, Ill.
Before reaching its arrangement with Genesis, Mercer County had one from 2004 to ’06 with Quorum Health Resources of Brentwood, Tenn. Quorum provides management, consulting and educational services to its members. Most of Mercer County’s patients in need of a high level of care were referred to Peoria for treatment at that time.
The Genesis-Mercer County Hospital pact is not the only example of a large Quad-City hospital system aligning with a smaller hospital in the outlying region.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- Strategically, Physicians Make Room for RNs