Q-C hospitals step up mergers and acquisitions
Lincoln and some others in Mercer County think the alliance is best for the community. Stuart Coulter, for example, appreciates the fact that his doctor with the Genesis Heart Institute in Davenport is about an hour closer to his residence in Joy than a similar hospital facility in Peoria, Ill.
Before reaching its arrangement with Genesis, Mercer County had one from 2004 to ’06 with Quorum Health Resources of Brentwood, Tenn. Quorum provides management, consulting and educational services to its members. Most of Mercer County’s patients in need of a high level of care were referred to Peoria for treatment at that time.
The Genesis-Mercer County Hospital pact is not the only example of a large Quad-City hospital system aligning with a smaller hospital in the outlying region.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers