Ex-CDC official named Dallas County medical director
Harris, who will make a salary of $158,865, starts Monday.
"Today's announcement is made with great pleasure," Zachary Thompson, executive director of the county's Department of Health and Human Services, said Thursday.
Thompson lauded Harris for his broad range of medical experience in Texas and beyond. He was a physician with the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department in 1997 and served as the county's health authority and chief medical officer from 1999 to 2002.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening