Ex-CDC official named Dallas County medical director
Harris, who will make a salary of $158,865, starts Monday.
"Today's announcement is made with great pleasure," Zachary Thompson, executive director of the county's Department of Health and Human Services, said Thursday.
Thompson lauded Harris for his broad range of medical experience in Texas and beyond. He was a physician with the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department in 1997 and served as the county's health authority and chief medical officer from 1999 to 2002.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System