Ex-CDC official named Dallas County medical director
Harris, who will make a salary of $158,865, starts Monday.
"Today's announcement is made with great pleasure," Zachary Thompson, executive director of the county's Department of Health and Human Services, said Thursday.
Thompson lauded Harris for his broad range of medical experience in Texas and beyond. He was a physician with the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department in 1997 and served as the county's health authority and chief medical officer from 1999 to 2002.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure