Ex-CDC official named Dallas County medical director
Harris, who will make a salary of $158,865, starts Monday.
"Today's announcement is made with great pleasure," Zachary Thompson, executive director of the county's Department of Health and Human Services, said Thursday.
Thompson lauded Harris for his broad range of medical experience in Texas and beyond. He was a physician with the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department in 1997 and served as the county's health authority and chief medical officer from 1999 to 2002.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US