Ex-CDC official named Dallas County medical director
Harris, who will make a salary of $158,865, starts Monday.
"Today's announcement is made with great pleasure," Zachary Thompson, executive director of the county's Department of Health and Human Services, said Thursday.
Thompson lauded Harris for his broad range of medical experience in Texas and beyond. He was a physician with the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department in 1997 and served as the county's health authority and chief medical officer from 1999 to 2002.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion