Merger promises to bring change to Taylor hospital
Scott & White Hospital – Taylor—formerly Johns Community Hospital—became a part of the Scott & White Healthcare system of hospitals Sept. 1 when the two entities merged, allowing Scott & White to extend its presence in eastern Williamson County and keep the Taylor hospital afloat.
“I think this is an exciting time for Taylor. I think the residents of Taylor are going to be the true beneficiaries of this relationship and this merger. I think they can expect some good things from Scott & White,” said Ernie Bovio, CEO for Scott & White Regional Hospital and Clinics.
No staff cuts, changes in services or personnel are planned during the transition, Bovio said, but several changes are in store that will alter the make-up of the hospital and the connected health center.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle