Merger promises to bring change to Taylor hospital
Scott & White Hospital – Taylor—formerly Johns Community Hospital—became a part of the Scott & White Healthcare system of hospitals Sept. 1 when the two entities merged, allowing Scott & White to extend its presence in eastern Williamson County and keep the Taylor hospital afloat.
“I think this is an exciting time for Taylor. I think the residents of Taylor are going to be the true beneficiaries of this relationship and this merger. I think they can expect some good things from Scott & White,” said Ernie Bovio, CEO for Scott & White Regional Hospital and Clinics.
No staff cuts, changes in services or personnel are planned during the transition, Bovio said, but several changes are in store that will alter the make-up of the hospital and the connected health center.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers