Merger promises to bring change to Taylor hospital
Scott & White Hospital – Taylor—formerly Johns Community Hospital—became a part of the Scott & White Healthcare system of hospitals Sept. 1 when the two entities merged, allowing Scott & White to extend its presence in eastern Williamson County and keep the Taylor hospital afloat.
“I think this is an exciting time for Taylor. I think the residents of Taylor are going to be the true beneficiaries of this relationship and this merger. I think they can expect some good things from Scott & White,” said Ernie Bovio, CEO for Scott & White Regional Hospital and Clinics.
No staff cuts, changes in services or personnel are planned during the transition, Bovio said, but several changes are in store that will alter the make-up of the hospital and the connected health center.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009