Merger promises to bring change to Taylor hospital
Scott & White Hospital – Taylor—formerly Johns Community Hospital—became a part of the Scott & White Healthcare system of hospitals Sept. 1 when the two entities merged, allowing Scott & White to extend its presence in eastern Williamson County and keep the Taylor hospital afloat.
“I think this is an exciting time for Taylor. I think the residents of Taylor are going to be the true beneficiaries of this relationship and this merger. I think they can expect some good things from Scott & White,” said Ernie Bovio, CEO for Scott & White Regional Hospital and Clinics.
No staff cuts, changes in services or personnel are planned during the transition, Bovio said, but several changes are in store that will alter the make-up of the hospital and the connected health center.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion