Merger promises to bring change to Taylor hospital
Scott & White Hospital – Taylor—formerly Johns Community Hospital—became a part of the Scott & White Healthcare system of hospitals Sept. 1 when the two entities merged, allowing Scott & White to extend its presence in eastern Williamson County and keep the Taylor hospital afloat.
“I think this is an exciting time for Taylor. I think the residents of Taylor are going to be the true beneficiaries of this relationship and this merger. I think they can expect some good things from Scott & White,” said Ernie Bovio, CEO for Scott & White Regional Hospital and Clinics.
No staff cuts, changes in services or personnel are planned during the transition, Bovio said, but several changes are in store that will alter the make-up of the hospital and the connected health center.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings