Eagle Hospital Physicians Acquired by Equity Firms
Eagle Hospital Physicians, an Atlanta-based practice management company, has been acquired by private equity firms Highlander Partners, LP, and Flexpoint Ford, with equity fund Health Enterprise Partners, LP, the companies have announced in a joint statement.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Eagle, which provides hospitalist contract services, telemedicine, and hospitalist temporary staffing to hospitals in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, named Brent McCarty as its chairman/CEO. McCarty was president/COO of revenue management specialists Alpharetta, GA-based Accuro Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
"Eagle has a great history of providing powerful hospital solutions by developing and managing hospitalist programs," McCarty said. "Moving forward, we're uniquely positioned to help our hospital partners meet their inpatient physician service needs. We will be making focused investments in people, process and technology, including improving and developing quality measurement systems and focusing on telemedicine and other specialty lines of business."
Robert Young, MD, founder/CEO of Eagle since 1998, will serve on Eagle's board. Mac McCormick, MD, senior medical director with Eagle since 2003, was named COO.
"Over the past decade, Eagle Hospital Physicians has gained recognition as one of the top hospitalist companies in the Southeast, providing inpatient solutions tailored to client hospital size, location and needs," Young said. "I am excited to partner with Brent McCarty as well as Highlander Partners and Flexpoint Ford to capitalize on the strategic opportunity to continue building Eagle."
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion