BCBS of Tennessee names William Gracey as CEO
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee has named hospital industry veteran William M. (Bill) Gracey president and chief operating officer, beefing up its management team as the insurance industry braces for change.
Gracey, who retired as executive vice president and chief operating officer from Brentwood-based LifePoint Hospitals last year, will start his job with the state's largest health insurer on Oct. 18.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009