Wellmark CEO helps incorporate health, environmental fitness goals into new headquarters
This may sound odd, but the stairwells at Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield's new headquarters in downtown Des Moines are a significant feature of the $190 million building.
The five-story, 650,000-square-foot office building is the most expensive ever constructed in Des Moines, and its curved glass face will make it one of Iowa's most distinctive.
Chief Executive John Forsyth says it is one of the most efficient office buildings anywhere.
It was specifically designed to accommodate the health insurance company's workflow, with the expectation that Wellmark can save 5 percent a year, or about $35 million, in operating expenses, Forsyth said.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US