Wellmark CEO helps incorporate health, environmental fitness goals into new headquarters
This may sound odd, but the stairwells at Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield's new headquarters in downtown Des Moines are a significant feature of the $190 million building.
The five-story, 650,000-square-foot office building is the most expensive ever constructed in Des Moines, and its curved glass face will make it one of Iowa's most distinctive.
Chief Executive John Forsyth says it is one of the most efficient office buildings anywhere.
It was specifically designed to accommodate the health insurance company's workflow, with the expectation that Wellmark can save 5 percent a year, or about $35 million, in operating expenses, Forsyth said.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag