Beaumont Hospital (MI) to lay off up to 50 managers and administrators
Beaumont Hospitals is laying off 40 to 50 administrators and managers, a move that comes as some 17,400 employees — including those being laid off — just received bonus checks.
The three-hospital system expects to wrap up the layoffs by year’s end as part of a reorganization triggered by health care reform. The layoffs, announced in an Oct. 4 newsletter, will save Beaumont $3 million to $4 million a year, said Colette Stimmell, a Beaumont spokeswoman.
No layoffs of health care delivery providers are planned.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- Why single payer died in VT