Beaumont Hospital (MI) to lay off up to 50 managers and administrators
Beaumont Hospitals is laying off 40 to 50 administrators and managers, a move that comes as some 17,400 employees — including those being laid off — just received bonus checks.
The three-hospital system expects to wrap up the layoffs by year’s end as part of a reorganization triggered by health care reform. The layoffs, announced in an Oct. 4 newsletter, will save Beaumont $3 million to $4 million a year, said Colette Stimmell, a Beaumont spokeswoman.
No layoffs of health care delivery providers are planned.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- As virus spreads, insurers exclude Ebola from new policies
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars