Hospitalist Company Acquires NV, NJ Practices
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc., has acquired Post-Acute Medical Associates, PC, in Morristown, NJ; and Muhammad Syed, MD, PC, in Las Vegas, NV.
Combined, the two groups see about 20,000 patients annually. IPC already has hospitalist practices in both markets, thus the two newly acquired physicians' groups will join existing IPC practices.
"Like the dozens of local independent practices that have chosen to partner with us, PAMA and Syed will greatly benefit from the administrative, financial, and technology support IPC provides to our practices," says R. Jeffrey Taylor, president/COO of IPC The Hospitalist Company. "Partnering is an increasingly attractive option for the local independent practice to deliver the improved care and coordination that hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, payers, and the entire medical community demand from inpatient care today."
North Hollywood, CA-based IPC provides management services to hospitalist practices in more than 500 facilities, and employs more than 1000 affiliated healthcare providers.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay