Hospitalist Company Acquires NV, NJ Practices
IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc., has acquired Post-Acute Medical Associates, PC, in Morristown, NJ; and Muhammad Syed, MD, PC, in Las Vegas, NV.
Combined, the two groups see about 20,000 patients annually. IPC already has hospitalist practices in both markets, thus the two newly acquired physicians' groups will join existing IPC practices.
"Like the dozens of local independent practices that have chosen to partner with us, PAMA and Syed will greatly benefit from the administrative, financial, and technology support IPC provides to our practices," says R. Jeffrey Taylor, president/COO of IPC The Hospitalist Company. "Partnering is an increasingly attractive option for the local independent practice to deliver the improved care and coordination that hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, payers, and the entire medical community demand from inpatient care today."
North Hollywood, CA-based IPC provides management services to hospitalist practices in more than 500 facilities, and employs more than 1000 affiliated healthcare providers.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Population Health Starts with Ending Hunger
- HL20: Tom X. Lee, MD—Reinventing Primary Care
- HL20: José Ramón Fernández-Peña, MD, MPA—A Welcoming Approach
- HL20: Steve Simonin—Turning It Around