Geisinger head: Scranton partnership possible in two-hospital market
Geisinger Health System would only be interested in a partnership with a Scranton hospital if the city had a two-hospital market, said president and chief executive officer Dr. Glenn Steele.
"We think that's a two-hospital market, not a three-hospital market. We're not interested in putting our balance sheet in a battle of attrition of three hospitals beating up on each other," Steele said during an editorial board meeting Tuesday.
Mercy Hospital, Community Medical Center and Moses Taylor Hospital are in Scranton.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away