Geisinger head: Scranton partnership possible in two-hospital market
Geisinger Health System would only be interested in a partnership with a Scranton hospital if the city had a two-hospital market, said president and chief executive officer Dr. Glenn Steele.
"We think that's a two-hospital market, not a three-hospital market. We're not interested in putting our balance sheet in a battle of attrition of three hospitals beating up on each other," Steele said during an editorial board meeting Tuesday.
Mercy Hospital, Community Medical Center and Moses Taylor Hospital are in Scranton.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer