Geisinger head: Scranton partnership possible in two-hospital market
Geisinger Health System would only be interested in a partnership with a Scranton hospital if the city had a two-hospital market, said president and chief executive officer Dr. Glenn Steele.
"We think that's a two-hospital market, not a three-hospital market. We're not interested in putting our balance sheet in a battle of attrition of three hospitals beating up on each other," Steele said during an editorial board meeting Tuesday.
Mercy Hospital, Community Medical Center and Moses Taylor Hospital are in Scranton.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians