Geisinger head: Scranton partnership possible in two-hospital market
Geisinger Health System would only be interested in a partnership with a Scranton hospital if the city had a two-hospital market, said president and chief executive officer Dr. Glenn Steele.
"We think that's a two-hospital market, not a three-hospital market. We're not interested in putting our balance sheet in a battle of attrition of three hospitals beating up on each other," Steele said during an editorial board meeting Tuesday.
Mercy Hospital, Community Medical Center and Moses Taylor Hospital are in Scranton.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty