Doctors Co. buys American Physicians Capital for $386M
The Doctors Co., the largest medical malpractice insurer nationwide, said late Friday that it has completed the $386 million purchase of publicly traded American Physicians Capital Inc., parent of American Physicians Assurance Corp.
The big medical malpractice insurance deal was originally announced in July.
American Physicians, based in East Lansing, Mich., provides liability coverage to physicians in Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico and Ohio. Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed by the Doctors Co., but other sources, including its attorneys at Farella Braun + Martel in San Francisco, have released the data.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD