Doctors Co. buys American Physicians Capital for $386M
The Doctors Co., the largest medical malpractice insurer nationwide, said late Friday that it has completed the $386 million purchase of publicly traded American Physicians Capital Inc., parent of American Physicians Assurance Corp.
The big medical malpractice insurance deal was originally announced in July.
American Physicians, based in East Lansing, Mich., provides liability coverage to physicians in Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico and Ohio. Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed by the Doctors Co., but other sources, including its attorneys at Farella Braun + Martel in San Francisco, have released the data.
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Upfront costs of going digital overwhelm some doctors