US Supreme Court rejects appeal of RI hospital CEO
The U.S. Supreme Court won't hear the appeal of a former hospital executive from Providence convicted of corruption.
The high court announced Monday that it would not take up the case of Robert Urciuoli (Uhr-see-OLE'-ee), the former president and CEO of Roger Williams Medical Center.
Urciuoli was convicted of paying a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the Statehouse, and a federal appeals court this year upheld the jury's verdict.
Urciuoli is serving a three-year prison sentence in Florida.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big