US Supreme Court rejects appeal of RI hospital CEO
The U.S. Supreme Court won't hear the appeal of a former hospital executive from Providence convicted of corruption.
The high court announced Monday that it would not take up the case of Robert Urciuoli (Uhr-see-OLE'-ee), the former president and CEO of Roger Williams Medical Center.
Urciuoli was convicted of paying a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the Statehouse, and a federal appeals court this year upheld the jury's verdict.
Urciuoli is serving a three-year prison sentence in Florida.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?