US Supreme Court rejects appeal of RI hospital CEO
The U.S. Supreme Court won't hear the appeal of a former hospital executive from Providence convicted of corruption.
The high court announced Monday that it would not take up the case of Robert Urciuoli (Uhr-see-OLE'-ee), the former president and CEO of Roger Williams Medical Center.
Urciuoli was convicted of paying a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the Statehouse, and a federal appeals court this year upheld the jury's verdict.
Urciuoli is serving a three-year prison sentence in Florida.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- Aetna Cuts 4 New Accountable Care Deals