Doctors Medical Center (CA) CEO steps down
The CEO of Doctors Medical Center in San Pablo abruptly stepped down from his position last week after his annual evaluation by the district board.
Joseph Stewart had been president and CEO of the hospital for three years as it struggled to return to financial health after filing for bankruptcy. He had been interim CEO for a year before taking the permanent position.
The West Contra Costa Healthcare District board met privately Jan. 7 to conduct its annual evaluation of Stewart. Details about what took place were not disclosed, but a knowledgable source said the board discussed performance and communication issues with Stewart.
When the board emerged from its closed-door session, it announced that Stewart would step down immediately.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus