Grady CEO resigns, takes job in PA
The hunt is on for a new leader of Grady Memorial Hospital after the resignation Thursday of CEO Michael Young, a key player in saving the massive safety net hospital from financial ruin. Young accepted a position as head of PinnacleHealth in Harrisburg, PA -- a move that will allow him to help his aging parents, who live just 16 miles away from the hospital. "I got an opportunity to go back home; that doesn?t happen very often," said Young, who emphasized that he?s not leaving the Atlanta hospital because of its current financial troubles. Young took Grady's helm in 2008 as part of an effort by a group of key business and community leaders to save the cash-strapped hospital from closing its doors by transferring it to a corporate board. The hospital will start a nationwide search for a replacement immediately, with Young staying on as late as June to help with the transition.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse