FL hospital shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
A Golden Gate Estates man entered a hospital patient's room in Naples, FL and fatally shot his estranged wife before shooting and wounding himself early Tuesday evening, Collier County sheriff's officials said. Christine Ann Moretz, 53, was killed while visiting a patient at Physician's Regional-Pine Ridge about 5:40 p.m., Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Michelle Batten said. The shooter was identified as 54-year-old Jeffrey L. Moretz, of the 6000 block of English Oaks Lane, Batten said. After turning the gun on himself, Jeffrey Moretz was secured by hospital staff and transported by helicopter to another hospital. The hospital was shut down for about two hours following the shooting. It was unclear which hospital Jeffrey Moretz was flown to. He was in intensive care Tuesday night, Batten said.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health