FL hospital shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
A Golden Gate Estates man entered a hospital patient's room in Naples, FL and fatally shot his estranged wife before shooting and wounding himself early Tuesday evening, Collier County sheriff's officials said. Christine Ann Moretz, 53, was killed while visiting a patient at Physician's Regional-Pine Ridge about 5:40 p.m., Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Michelle Batten said. The shooter was identified as 54-year-old Jeffrey L. Moretz, of the 6000 block of English Oaks Lane, Batten said. After turning the gun on himself, Jeffrey Moretz was secured by hospital staff and transported by helicopter to another hospital. The hospital was shut down for about two hours following the shooting. It was unclear which hospital Jeffrey Moretz was flown to. He was in intensive care Tuesday night, Batten said.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'