Tacoma-based MultiCare to lay off up to 350 employees
Tacoma-based MultiCare Health System, Pierce County's largest private employer, announced that it would eliminate by early autumn up to 350 positions from its work force of 9,400. In the first round of selecting which positions will be lost – and before mandatory layoffs – MultiCare employees will be offered the opportunity to retire or leave voluntarily. The company will offer those departing a severance package that includes cash and paid medical insurance through the end of the year. "It's a difficult time for our organization," said Diane Cecchettini, MultiCare president/CEO. "We've agonized about this decision but feel that it is the right decision."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts