WASHINGTON, DC: Children's National Medical Center announces new CEO
The Board of Directors at Children's National Medical Center announced that Kurt Newman, MD, has been named president/CEO, effective Sept. 1. Newman has been at Children's National for more than 25 years and currently serves as the Senior Vice President for the Center for Surgical Care. A board committee launched a national search following the retirement announcement by Edwin K. Zechman, after 17 years of leadership. Newman has served as senior vice president of the Joseph E. Robert, Jr., Center for Surgical Care since 2004.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness