LOUISVILLE: Humana looks outside company for next CEO
Louisville-based Humana said CEO Mike McCallister plans to retire in the next year to 18 months. The company named a healthcare executive from outside the company to be his replacement. Bruce D. Broussard, CEO of McKesson Specialty Health, a $9 billion subsidiary of San Francisco-based McKesson, will join Humana as president. Broussard, 49, will take over when McCallister steps down, in December, Humana said. McCallister, 59, has led the health insurance company for more than a decade.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations