SCRANTON, PA: Regional Hospital names CEO
Nine months after purchasing the former Mercy Hospital in Scranton, Community Health Systems Inc. has selected a CEO to run the facility and has reached a tentative agreement with union workers. CHS, a for-profit company that owns or leases more than 133 hospitals in 29 states, bought the former Mercy Hospital and its affiliate hospitals in Tunkhannock and Nanticoke for $150 million in March. Officials with Regional Hospital of Scranton announced that Brooks Turkel will take over as CEO effective Monday, Nov. 21. Since 2006, Turkel has been serving as CEO at Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching affiliate of the University of Pennsylvania and a CHS property.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts