SCRANTON, PA: Regional Hospital names CEO
Nine months after purchasing the former Mercy Hospital in Scranton, Community Health Systems Inc. has selected a CEO to run the facility and has reached a tentative agreement with union workers. CHS, a for-profit company that owns or leases more than 133 hospitals in 29 states, bought the former Mercy Hospital and its affiliate hospitals in Tunkhannock and Nanticoke for $150 million in March. Officials with Regional Hospital of Scranton announced that Brooks Turkel will take over as CEO effective Monday, Nov. 21. Since 2006, Turkel has been serving as CEO at Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching affiliate of the University of Pennsylvania and a CHS property.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus