LEE'S SUMMIT, MO: Hospital names new CEO
Jackie DeSouza, COO of Research Medical Center since 2006, has been named the new CEO at Lee's Summit Medical Center, HCA Midwest Health System has announced. DeSouza replaces Damond Boatwright, who was named CEO of the 350-bed Overland Park Regional Medical Center in late September. Overland Park Regional, Research Medical Center and the 64-bed Lee's Summit Medical Center are all owned and operated by HCA Midwest, the Kansas City area's largest healthcare network. On Nov. 28, DeSouza will assume responsibility of Lee's Summit Medical Center, which has nearly 300 physicians and 500 employees.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care