LEE'S SUMMIT, MO: Hospital names new CEO
Jackie DeSouza, COO of Research Medical Center since 2006, has been named the new CEO at Lee's Summit Medical Center, HCA Midwest Health System has announced. DeSouza replaces Damond Boatwright, who was named CEO of the 350-bed Overland Park Regional Medical Center in late September. Overland Park Regional, Research Medical Center and the 64-bed Lee's Summit Medical Center are all owned and operated by HCA Midwest, the Kansas City area's largest healthcare network. On Nov. 28, DeSouza will assume responsibility of Lee's Summit Medical Center, which has nearly 300 physicians and 500 employees.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital