LEE'S SUMMIT, MO: Hospital names new CEO
Jackie DeSouza, COO of Research Medical Center since 2006, has been named the new CEO at Lee's Summit Medical Center, HCA Midwest Health System has announced. DeSouza replaces Damond Boatwright, who was named CEO of the 350-bed Overland Park Regional Medical Center in late September. Overland Park Regional, Research Medical Center and the 64-bed Lee's Summit Medical Center are all owned and operated by HCA Midwest, the Kansas City area's largest healthcare network. On Nov. 28, DeSouza will assume responsibility of Lee's Summit Medical Center, which has nearly 300 physicians and 500 employees.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts