COLUMBUS, OH: OHA picks new CEO
Just like its members, the Ohio Hospital Association wants to collaborate more with doctors. So it has chosen its new CEO from a physicians' trade group. Mike Abrams, CEO of the Iowa Medical Society since 1996, starts in February at the group representing 167 hospitals and 19 health systems. He succeeds Jim Castle, who is retiring Dec. 31 as the organization's longest-serving president, at 23 years.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'