COLUMBUS, OH: OHA picks new CEO
Just like its members, the Ohio Hospital Association wants to collaborate more with doctors. So it has chosen its new CEO from a physicians' trade group. Mike Abrams, CEO of the Iowa Medical Society since 1996, starts in February at the group representing 167 hospitals and 19 health systems. He succeeds Jim Castle, who is retiring Dec. 31 as the organization's longest-serving president, at 23 years.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts