COLUMBUS, OH: OHA picks new CEO
Just like its members, the Ohio Hospital Association wants to collaborate more with doctors. So it has chosen its new CEO from a physicians' trade group. Mike Abrams, CEO of the Iowa Medical Society since 1996, starts in February at the group representing 167 hospitals and 19 health systems. He succeeds Jim Castle, who is retiring Dec. 31 as the organization's longest-serving president, at 23 years.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor