Layoffs begin at seven LSU hospitals
Notices of impending layoffs went out Tuesday to employees of seven LSU public hospitals as system executives prepare to implement $29 million in Jindal administration budget cuts. The layoffs would be effective March 5, the notice from hospital system chief executive officer Roxane Townsend wrote. The notices are general in nature and do not specific how many jobs at each facility are on the chopping block. However, LSU System Vice President Fred Cerise said "it’s going to be in the hundreds across the system."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care