Layoffs begin at seven LSU hospitals
Notices of impending layoffs went out Tuesday to employees of seven LSU public hospitals as system executives prepare to implement $29 million in Jindal administration budget cuts. The layoffs would be effective March 5, the notice from hospital system chief executive officer Roxane Townsend wrote. The notices are general in nature and do not specific how many jobs at each facility are on the chopping block. However, LSU System Vice President Fred Cerise said "it’s going to be in the hundreds across the system."
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations