Executives on the Move
While healthcare continues to lead the nation in job growth, the employment landscape is ever-shifting. On Tuesday, notices of impending layoffs went out to employees of seven Louisiana State University public hospitals, as system executives prepared to implement $29 million in budget cuts ordered by Governor Bobby Jindal's administration. Nationwide, there were a number of notable moves in the C-suite:
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts