Executives on the Move
While healthcare continues to lead the nation in job growth, the employment landscape is ever-shifting. On Tuesday, notices of impending layoffs went out to employees of seven Louisiana State University public hospitals, as system executives prepared to implement $29 million in budget cuts ordered by Governor Bobby Jindal's administration. Nationwide, there were a number of notable moves in the C-suite:
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal