Jackson Health System to announce 'significant' layoffs
Miami's Jackson Health System plans to "right-size" its organization with "significant" layoffs, Chief Executive Carlos Migoya said Friday. Though he refused to give specifics, he said managers are examining each department to see where reductions make sense without hurting the quality of patient care. Jackson is working quickly to decide where to cut. "We want to know in the next 10 days to two weeks," he said.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'