McDOWELL, NC: McDowell Hospital appoints new CEO
Mission Health announced Feb. 3 that it appointed Lynn Boggs as president and CEO of The McDowell Hospital. Boggs, an executive with more than 35 years of experience in healthcare and leadership, will have overall operational and clinical responsibility for the hospital. She begins her new job Monday. Lynn is a registered nurse who holds master's degrees in business administration and science of nursing. Boggs comes to The McDowell Hospital, an affiliate of Mission Health, from SSM Healthcare, a system that includes seven hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. She served as executive vice president and COO for SSM Healthcare—St. Louis. Before joining SSM Healthcare, Boggs served in a variety of leadership roles at Novant Health System in Winston Salem. There, she served as president of Presbyterian Hospital and Presbyterian Orthopedic Hospital.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts