FLINT, MI: Interim Hurley Medical Center CEO prepares to lead Flint hospital
Former Hurley Medical Center President Patrick Wardell spent his last day at the hospital handing the reins over to Melany Gavulic, previously Hurley's senior vice president and COO. Gavulic was appointed interim president and CEO by the board of directors, the hospital announced Feb. 3. Wardell accepted a job in January as CEO of Cambridge Health Alliance in Massachusetts. Gavulic will lead Hurley until the board chooses a permanent president. Gavulic is a registered nurse. The process of choosing a permanent replacement for Wardell hasn't yet started.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts