FLINT, MI: Interim Hurley Medical Center CEO prepares to lead Flint hospital
Former Hurley Medical Center President Patrick Wardell spent his last day at the hospital handing the reins over to Melany Gavulic, previously Hurley's senior vice president and COO. Gavulic was appointed interim president and CEO by the board of directors, the hospital announced Feb. 3. Wardell accepted a job in January as CEO of Cambridge Health Alliance in Massachusetts. Gavulic will lead Hurley until the board chooses a permanent president. Gavulic is a registered nurse. The process of choosing a permanent replacement for Wardell hasn't yet started.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US