FLINT, MI: Interim Hurley Medical Center CEO prepares to lead Flint hospital
Former Hurley Medical Center President Patrick Wardell spent his last day at the hospital handing the reins over to Melany Gavulic, previously Hurley's senior vice president and COO. Gavulic was appointed interim president and CEO by the board of directors, the hospital announced Feb. 3. Wardell accepted a job in January as CEO of Cambridge Health Alliance in Massachusetts. Gavulic will lead Hurley until the board chooses a permanent president. Gavulic is a registered nurse. The process of choosing a permanent replacement for Wardell hasn't yet started.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised