BRANDON, FL: New Brandon Regional Hospital CEO takes office
Brandon Regional Hospital has named a new chief executive officer to replace Mike Fencel, who left in December. Bland Eng comes to Brandon Regional Hospital from Palms West Hospital in Wellington, on Florida's east coast, where he served as CEO. Eng has been with HCA The Healthcare Company in Florida for 17 years. Prior to Palms West Hospital, he held positions such as CEO of Lake City Medical Center and chief operating officer at Central Florida Regional Hospital and Putnam Community Hospital. Eng holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and English from the University of Miami and a Master of Business Administration and Master of Healthcare Sciences from the University of Florida.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs