BURLINGTON: Brumsted named CEO of Fletcher Allen Health Care
Fletcher Allen Partners named John R. Brumsted, M.D., as president and CEO of Fletcher Allen Health Care on February 21, effective immediately. Brumsted has been the organization's interim president and CEO since the departure of Melinda Estes, M.D., this past August. Brumsted will also serve as the president and CEO of Fletcher Allen Partners. Prior to being named interim president and CEO, Brumsted served Fletcher Allen as chief medical officer. He has also served as chief quality officer, senior associate dean for Clinical Affairs at the UVM College of Medicine, and medical director of The Vermont Health Plan and Vermont Managed Care. He served as Fletcher Allen's interim president and chief executive officer for an 8-month period in the late 1990s. He is board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He is a member of Fletcher Allen's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is a tenured professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Vermont College of Medicine. Brumsted is currently a member of the Vermont Medical Society (VMS) Council and is chair of the VMS Research and Education Foundation Board.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013