NASHVILLE: President appointed of HCA's West Florida Division
HCA Holdings, Inc. today announced the appointment of Peter A. Marmerstein as President of HCA's West Florida Division effective April 1. Marmerstein replaces Dan Miller who recently announced his retirement. Marmerstein will have responsibility for 16 hospitals and 16 surgery centers on the west coast of Florida and near Orlando. He currently serves as CEO of HCA's CJW Medical Center, a two-campus hospital in Richmond, VA. Marmerstein has been with HCA since 2004 when he took his current position at CJW. Before that, he was CEO of several hospitals in Florida and California. He also was a regional vice president of operations at Paracelsus Healthcare Corporation, Houston, Texas. Miller has been West Florida Division President since 1998. A 30-year healthcare veteran, he has held a number of leadership positions including President of the Northeast Division from 1996—1998. His HCA career began in 1981 when he joined HCA's Management Company and served as Chief Executive Officer for two hospitals before moving to Bayonet Point.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations