NASHVILLE: President appointed of HCA's West Florida Division
HCA Holdings, Inc. today announced the appointment of Peter A. Marmerstein as President of HCA's West Florida Division effective April 1. Marmerstein replaces Dan Miller who recently announced his retirement. Marmerstein will have responsibility for 16 hospitals and 16 surgery centers on the west coast of Florida and near Orlando. He currently serves as CEO of HCA's CJW Medical Center, a two-campus hospital in Richmond, VA. Marmerstein has been with HCA since 2004 when he took his current position at CJW. Before that, he was CEO of several hospitals in Florida and California. He also was a regional vice president of operations at Paracelsus Healthcare Corporation, Houston, Texas. Miller has been West Florida Division President since 1998. A 30-year healthcare veteran, he has held a number of leadership positions including President of the Northeast Division from 1996—1998. His HCA career began in 1981 when he joined HCA's Management Company and served as Chief Executive Officer for two hospitals before moving to Bayonet Point.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'