ST. LOUIS: Lee Bernstein named regional EVP/COO for SSM Health Care ? St. Louis
St. Louis named Lee Bernstein to the position of regional executive vice president of hospital operations/chief operating officer (COO) for its seven local hospitals. Bernstein oversees operations at each hospital. He replaces Steven Johnson who accepted a health care management opportunity in Florida last year. Bernstein has been with SSM Health Care – St. Louis since 2007, when he accepted the position of interim executive vice president/COO for SSM St. Joseph Hospital West. Most recently, Bernstein served as executive vice president/COO for SSM DePaul Health Center, SSM St. Joseph Health Center, SSM St. Joseph Hospital West and SSM St. Joseph Health Center – Wentzville. Before joining SSM Health Care, Bernstein was a vice president for BJC Health Care serving in various capacities for more than 20 years. He holds a master's degree in health administration and a master's in business administration from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US