ST. LOUIS: Lee Bernstein named regional EVP/COO for SSM Health Care ? St. Louis
St. Louis named Lee Bernstein to the position of regional executive vice president of hospital operations/chief operating officer (COO) for its seven local hospitals. Bernstein oversees operations at each hospital. He replaces Steven Johnson who accepted a health care management opportunity in Florida last year. Bernstein has been with SSM Health Care – St. Louis since 2007, when he accepted the position of interim executive vice president/COO for SSM St. Joseph Hospital West. Most recently, Bernstein served as executive vice president/COO for SSM DePaul Health Center, SSM St. Joseph Health Center, SSM St. Joseph Hospital West and SSM St. Joseph Health Center – Wentzville. Before joining SSM Health Care, Bernstein was a vice president for BJC Health Care serving in various capacities for more than 20 years. He holds a master's degree in health administration and a master's in business administration from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening