AUSTIN: Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea will share a CEO
Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea are increasing collaboration. Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Mark Ciota has been named CEO of both centers. Ciota became Albert Lea CEO in 2004. The move by Mayo Clinic Health System continues a Mayo Clinic-wide effort to consolidate management positions. National CEO Dr. John Noseworthy and Chief Administrative Officer Shirley Weis a few years ago, for example, took on the dual roles of Rochester and national administration, eliminating the Rochester CEO and CAO positions that had previously been filled separately.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers