AUSTIN: Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea will share a CEO
Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea are increasing collaboration. Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Mark Ciota has been named CEO of both centers. Ciota became Albert Lea CEO in 2004. The move by Mayo Clinic Health System continues a Mayo Clinic-wide effort to consolidate management positions. National CEO Dr. John Noseworthy and Chief Administrative Officer Shirley Weis a few years ago, for example, took on the dual roles of Rochester and national administration, eliminating the Rochester CEO and CAO positions that had previously been filled separately.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer