AUSTIN: Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea will share a CEO
Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea are increasing collaboration. Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Mark Ciota has been named CEO of both centers. Ciota became Albert Lea CEO in 2004. The move by Mayo Clinic Health System continues a Mayo Clinic-wide effort to consolidate management positions. National CEO Dr. John Noseworthy and Chief Administrative Officer Shirley Weis a few years ago, for example, took on the dual roles of Rochester and national administration, eliminating the Rochester CEO and CAO positions that had previously been filled separately.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'