AUSTIN: Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea will share a CEO
Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and Albert Lea are increasing collaboration. Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Mark Ciota has been named CEO of both centers. Ciota became Albert Lea CEO in 2004. The move by Mayo Clinic Health System continues a Mayo Clinic-wide effort to consolidate management positions. National CEO Dr. John Noseworthy and Chief Administrative Officer Shirley Weis a few years ago, for example, took on the dual roles of Rochester and national administration, eliminating the Rochester CEO and CAO positions that had previously been filled separately.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts