MemorialCare buys doctors' management group
Fountain Valley-based hospital operator MemorialCare Health System said today that it bought Nautilus Healthcare Management Group in Newport Beach, which provides management services for Greater Newport Physicians. Terms were not disclosed. MemorialCare owns Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It said that Greater Newport Physicians, which has 400 doctors, will be affiliated with its MemorialCare Medical Foundation, a nonprofit medical management organization that includes 135 physicians and more than 800 contracted specialists.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts