ROCK HILL, SC: Piedmont Medical CEO leaving post
Charlie Miller, CEO at Piedmont Medical Center for the past 14 years, is leaving Rock Hill for a larger role with Tenet Healthcare. Miller will work for the senior vice president of Tenet's Southern States Region office, which is responsible for 11 acute care hospitals in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. Tenet Healthcare is Piedmont's parent company. Miller will assume his new role March 19, according to spokeswoman for Tenet Healthcare and Piedmont Regional Medical Center. Phil Shaw has been named as the interim CEO at Piedmont Medical Center. Shaw has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare operations and finance. He recently served as interim CEO at Tenet's East Cooper Medical Center in Mount Pleasant.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues