DALLAS: Parkland Hospital hires chief implementation officer
Parkland Memorial Hospital has named Ronald Laxton to the position of chief implementation officer. Dr. Thomas Royer, Parkland's interim CEO, announced the move in a memo to Parkland employees. Laxton will start Wednesday. Laxton is a former chief nurse executive and CEO for Renown Health System in Reno, NV. He will report directly to the Parkland Board of Managers and to safety monitors appointed by the board. Parkland previously hired John Beall, lead surveyor with The Joint Commission, for the chief implementation officer position, but Beall resigned after five days on the job. Beall's resignation came after the hospital's Board of Managers and the consultants at Alvarez & Marsal collectively decided that Parkland would be better served by engaging a consulting expert in project management. Laxton has extensive experience in complex hospital and health system settings.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health