DALLAS: Parkland Hospital hires chief implementation officer
Parkland Memorial Hospital has named Ronald Laxton to the position of chief implementation officer. Dr. Thomas Royer, Parkland's interim CEO, announced the move in a memo to Parkland employees. Laxton will start Wednesday. Laxton is a former chief nurse executive and CEO for Renown Health System in Reno, NV. He will report directly to the Parkland Board of Managers and to safety monitors appointed by the board. Parkland previously hired John Beall, lead surveyor with The Joint Commission, for the chief implementation officer position, but Beall resigned after five days on the job. Beall's resignation came after the hospital's Board of Managers and the consultants at Alvarez & Marsal collectively decided that Parkland would be better served by engaging a consulting expert in project management. Laxton has extensive experience in complex hospital and health system settings.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised