DALLAS: Parkland Hospital hires chief implementation officer
Parkland Memorial Hospital has named Ronald Laxton to the position of chief implementation officer. Dr. Thomas Royer, Parkland's interim CEO, announced the move in a memo to Parkland employees. Laxton will start Wednesday. Laxton is a former chief nurse executive and CEO for Renown Health System in Reno, NV. He will report directly to the Parkland Board of Managers and to safety monitors appointed by the board. Parkland previously hired John Beall, lead surveyor with The Joint Commission, for the chief implementation officer position, but Beall resigned after five days on the job. Beall's resignation came after the hospital's Board of Managers and the consultants at Alvarez & Marsal collectively decided that Parkland would be better served by engaging a consulting expert in project management. Laxton has extensive experience in complex hospital and health system settings.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013