PHILLIPSBURG, PA: St. Luke's Warren Hospital President and CEO to step down
St. Luke's Warren Hospital President and CEO Thomas H. Litz will step down from his post June 15, the hospital announced Tuesday. Litz assumed the role of president and CEO in February 2009, and navigated the Phillipsburg, N.J., institution through a financial crisis that had hospital officials considering bankruptcy. Warren Hospital joined the St. Luke's University Health Network on Jan. 31. Litz will be wrapping up a career in hospital administration that spans almost 40 years. He worked in many different hospital venues, from small community hospitals like St. Luke's Warren to academic medical centers. In the latter half of his career, Litz became renowned for his expertise in turning around troubled hospitals.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives