PHILLIPSBURG, PA: St. Luke's Warren Hospital President and CEO to step down
St. Luke's Warren Hospital President and CEO Thomas H. Litz will step down from his post June 15, the hospital announced Tuesday. Litz assumed the role of president and CEO in February 2009, and navigated the Phillipsburg, N.J., institution through a financial crisis that had hospital officials considering bankruptcy. Warren Hospital joined the St. Luke's University Health Network on Jan. 31. Litz will be wrapping up a career in hospital administration that spans almost 40 years. He worked in many different hospital venues, from small community hospitals like St. Luke's Warren to academic medical centers. In the latter half of his career, Litz became renowned for his expertise in turning around troubled hospitals.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'