KING OF PRUSSIA, PA: GWU Hospital names CEO/Managing Director
Barry A. Wolfman has been named CEO/Managing Director of The George Washington University Hospital in Washington, DC. His expected start date is Monday, April 23, 2012. In his 27-year career as a healthcare executive Mr. Wolfman has served as a multi-system senior executive, hospital CEO and medical school board member. His most recent position was with Providence Health and Services, as Chief Executive at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, California. Prior to that, Mr. Wolfman was with Kaiser Permanente, where he held the position of Senior Vice President and Executive Director at Fontana Medical Center and Ontario Vineyard Medical Center.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts