KING OF PRUSSIA, PA: GWU Hospital names CEO/Managing Director
Barry A. Wolfman has been named CEO/Managing Director of The George Washington University Hospital in Washington, DC. His expected start date is Monday, April 23, 2012. In his 27-year career as a healthcare executive Mr. Wolfman has served as a multi-system senior executive, hospital CEO and medical school board member. His most recent position was with Providence Health and Services, as Chief Executive at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, California. Prior to that, Mr. Wolfman was with Kaiser Permanente, where he held the position of Senior Vice President and Executive Director at Fontana Medical Center and Ontario Vineyard Medical Center.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer