MERRIAM, KS: Shawnee Mission Medical Center names CEO
Ken Bacon has been named President and CEO of Shawnee Mission Medical Center (SMMC) and Regional CEO of the Mid America Region of Adventist Health System effective the week of April 23, 2012. Bacon is currently CEO at Littleton Adventist Hospital in Colorado, a role he has had since 2007. Both hospitals are members of Adventist Health System. Bacon served from 1991-1996 in various finance positions at Porter Adventist Hospital, Littleton Adventist Hospital and in a managed care role at Centura Health. In 1997, he joined Central Texas Medical Center as CFO and was promoted to President and CEO the same year. From 2001-2006, Bacon returned to Denver as President and CEO of the new Parker Adventist Hospital. Jack Wagner, who has served as interim CEO since Sam Turner retired from SMMC in December, will return to his role as CFO when Bacon arrives.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'